All residents and affected staff along Panorama Parade, Margate are encouraged to pre register with Margate Business Association ensuring FREE easy access to the festival BEACH BOULEVARD (not main stages) area within festival operational times 6h00 27th April – 16h00 30th April 2018. Anyone working or residing along Panorama Parade in Margate, extending from Mac’s Cottages north towards the Keg, will have to pre-register with MBA. This does not apply to anyone working or residing along Marine Drive.
Bikers & Pillions are encouraged to pre register on the Quicket System accessible through: www.southcoastbikefest.co.za to attain their FREE ENTRY TICKETS allowing them access to the full event site – other than the VIP Media Lounge and VIP Golden Circle Beach Stage area.
Festival pedestrian visitors are also encouraged to pre register with the Quicket System paying R60 per day giving them access to main stage and three other staging areas including the experiential energy zone and general access to the BEACH BOULEVARD.
The festival area will be secured throughout the event which runs from 10am on 27 April to 4pm on 30 April, meaning access can only be given to RESIDENTS, STAFF AND VISITORS those who completed pre-registration online at: www.quicket.co.za. Although registration will also be performed on the festival days, event access will be prohibited once the site is deemed full by the safety manager so residents are urged to complete pre-registration early.
All accommodation venues within the Margate area with visitors coming in for the South Coast Bike Fest are asked to send the NON BIKER PEDESTRIAN AND BIKER pre-registration link to the guests ahead of time to ensure no delays in accessing the venue.
The pedestrian entry/exit points:
- STEERS Welcome Tower Entrance – BIKE ENTRANCE ONLY
- Continental Court Entrance – Pedestrian EXIT
- William O Conner Entrance – Pedestrian Entrance No 1 MAIN PEDESTRIAN ENTRANCE
- Warrick Road – Pedestrian EXIT (between Seagull and Seabrook)
- Top of Post Office Lane Pedestrian EXIT (AND BIKE ONLY EXIT)
- Margate Beach Wimpy – Pedestrian Entrance No 2
- Fishing Pier to Panorama Parade – Pedestrian Entrance No 3
Road closures and traffic flow changes
Organisers respectfully ask for understanding during the event which will require certain adjustments to the traffic flow. Please note that no taxis will have access to Marine Drive between 27 and 30 April.
Panorama Parade will become a one-way only system, operating from north to south from 20 April with an exit via Post Office Lane. Please note that Remington will be closed off to any vehicles wanting to turn left onto Panorama Parade and diverted via Finnis Road.
- From 8am on 26 April until 4pm on 1 May, Panorama Parade is a one-way system from Steer Tower Entrance until the end of the event site beyond the Fishing Pier.
- From 8am on 23 April until 4pm on 26 April, one lane of Panorama Parade will be open to all vehicles as a one-way system.
- Between 8am on 26 April and 4pm on 30 April, Panorama Parade will only be accessible by motorcycle vehicles or event permit holders. For event permit holders, access will be between the hours of 11pm and 8am only and any unauthorised vehicles within the site outside of these times will be towed.
On Sunday , 29 April from 10am there will be various road closures to accommodate the Shelly Centre Mass Parade which departs from Shelly Centre at 10.30am. The parade line-up and escort is available at: www.southcoastbikefest.co.za or at the tourism information kiosk next to the Margate Tourism beach office.
Permit Holding System
Between 11pm and 8am from 27 April to 30 April, vehicles with permits will be able to access Panorama Parade.
- Delivery vehicles for vendors trading at the event. Permits to be accessed by emailing: email@example.com and collected from the #SCBF event team between 8am on 24 April and 4pm on 27 April at Sasol Garage, Marine Drive. Bring a driver’s licence and vehicle registration number for collection.
- Local residents and business who require direct access to THE BEACHFRONT ROAD – PANORMA PARADE. Permits to be obtained before the event at the Margate Business Association by contacting Corrie on 039 317 2202. Please bring proof of residency.
- Holiday letting customers who require access to THE BEACHFRONT ROAD – PANORMA PARADE. Permits to be obtained from the letting agent via the collection key box at Sasol Garage, Marine Drive.
The 2018 #SCBF promises an incredible four days of fantastic entertainment and fun, boasting, three festival stages, eight festival-themed bars, corporate dealership deck, 22 on site restaurants, pubs and clubs as well as 35 of South Africa’s top bands.
The Village Margate Trading Square will be selling quality biking products with buskers, street artists, Samba dancers, fire eating and fun for the whole family to enjoy.
There will be unbelievable fuel-powered entertainment at the Experiential Energy Zone as well as the epic Powasol EnduroX Series where top endure, motocross, trials and fun riders will put on an impressive biking display.
The online pre-registration allows biker and pillion #freefunseeker ticket holders access to the event boulevard. To pre-register for the #freefunseeker tickets, visit: www.southcoastbikefest.co.za.
Tickets to the #fuelyourfun VIP Golden Circle Carling Main Beach also available at: www.quicket.co.za at a cost of R150 per night. Children accompanied by parents under 12 enter free.
Keep up to date on all the #SCBF2018 event happenings via: